Slow Cooker Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of low-fat milk
- 1lb bulk sausage cooked and drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- cooking spray
- 9 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa, optional
- jalapeno slices, optional
5 hrs: 20 min
Makes / Serves
- 1. 1. In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and jalapeño with a whisk. Combine the sausage, chopped red pepper, green onions, jalapeño, and cheese in a separate bowl. Set both aside.
- 2. 2. Spray a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas in a slow cooker, tearing, if needed, to cover the bottom.
- 3. 3. Top the tortillas in slow cooker with half of the sausage, bell pepper, green onion, and cheese mixture. Layer 3 tortillas on top, then top those tortillas with the rest of the sausage, vegetable, and cheese mixture. Top that layer with remaining 3 tortillas, tearing, if needed, to cover mixture. Pour egg mixture over tortillas.
- 4. 4. Cover, and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on the high setting for 2 to 3 hours, or until temperature reaches 160°F and center is set.
- 5. 5. Serve with salsa, jalapeños, scallions, and whatever other toppings you wish.